- I reserve the right to decline any commission for any reason.
- I do not reserve slots for any reason.
- When I work with you, I work under the assumption that you've read my Terms of Service.
- If you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com
- Terms of Service is subject to change at any time. Clients are only bound by the Terms that existed at the time of their commission.
- Completed commission files will be sent via email.
Applying For a Commission
- Commission openings will be announced over various social media platforms. The client should fill out the proper form, completing all required fields, to be considered. Not first come first served; clients are chosen based on proper completion of the commission forms and character design - I want to make sure I can do your character justice!
- When choosing commissions, I usually look for: clear references, clear details about what you'd like from me, proper contact information, themes and characters that fit my art style.
- I do not have a wait list nor do I reserve slots. You must apply with everyone else!
- Keep an eye on your email inbox! If you've been selected for a commission, I will email you within 48 hours of the commission form closing.
- You must be 18 or older to commission me. If I see that you are a minor, I will not work with you.
Will Not Draw
- I will not draw in another artist's style.
- NFSW; suggestive themes are typically okay. This is at my discretion.
- Hate art/themes/imagery (racism, homophobia, etc)
- Heavy drug use
- Political themes are a case-by-case basis.
- Copyrighted characters are a case-by-case basis.
- Religious themes are a case-by-case basis.
- Prices are subject to change at any point.
- You are only bound to the price agreed upon at the time of your commission. This means that, if my prices change, you are unaffected by this change if we have already made an agreement on the price.
- Prices listed are considered "base" prices. Additional costs may be applied, and will be discussed with you prior to payment.
- Do not haggle or offer other prices unless I explicitly allow it at the time.
- All prices are in USD and must be paid in USD.
- Payment is done with invoices using Paypal. You do not need a Paypal account to pay!
- Full payment is required before work begins. If chosen, you have 48 hours to pay in full unless otherwise agreed upon with me personally. I don't mind working with you, just let me know!
- Failure to complete payment after 48 hours forfeits your place in my queue. Any paid amount will be refunded to you in full and the invoice will be canceled.
- I do not typically do payment plans, but split payments within the 48 hour period are fine.
- Tips are not required, but are appreciated! If you'd like to tip after the commission is complete, head over to my Donation Box.
- If you've made the queue and have paid your invoice, you'll be placed on my public Trello.
- Information, progress, and estimated completion date are all found on Trello!
- You may check the Trello at any time!
- I typically work in queue order, however, rush orders and convention deadlines may change the order at any time.
- WIPs are sent privately. I typically send a sketch at minimum, but often send more WIPs as I work! If you see work has been done on Trello and you'd like a WIP, just ask!
- Once you receive a WIP from me, it is for your eyes only. Please do not share it publicly unless otherwise agreed upon with me and I've given explicit permission.
- If you'd like and edit or change, please tell me ASAP once you've been given a WIP. Minor edits, or mistakes at the fault of my own, are free. Major edits that require a lot of redrawing are free up to twice - major edits beyond that may accrue a fee, which will need to be paid before the edit is made.
- I will send another WIP with edits made for confirmation. I will not continue work until you've approved the changes!
- Once your sketch is confirmed/approved, I will give you an estimated date to expect your commission by.
- If you have any questions or concerns about your commission, please email me! I may miss messages on social media websites as I am not always online on them, but emails always give me pop-up notifications on my computer and cell phone.
- I check emails between 11 AM CST to 7 PM CST. If you email me outside of this time, I will respond during work hours - however, I may respond sooner if I happen to have time!
- Commission openings will specify turnaround estimates.
- Turnaround times will depend on the complexity of the order and my current queue, but should not exceed 2-3 months. (Some exceptions may apply, however these will be communicated with the client)
- You may keep track of progress on my Trello, but feel free to email me at any time if you're curious or need me to speed things up!
- Turnaround estimates are set by me and are loose, but I do my best to adhere to them. However, if you have a hard deadline, please let me know so I can arrange accordingly!
- Rush orders can be discussed; please state on the commission form if you need a rush order. Rush orders can expect a 50% fee.
Delivery of Digital Work
- Digital commissions will be sent to you via email as a .PNG file. If you'd like other file types, let me know.
- I do not release working files to clients (.PSD, .SAI, etc) unless agreed upon at the beginning of the commission.
Copyright & Usage
- You may post completed commissions made for you anywhere you'd like. If you post the image on social media or a gallery website, please credit Chevypepper as the artist! "Art by Chevypepper" is an example of proper credit. Linking back to one of my profiles or website is appreciated as well, but is not mandatory.
- You may crop your piece for personal icons or banners.
- You may not remove my name or signature from the image.
- You may purchase commercial rights to commissioned illustrations by me for a 300% fee of the original commission cost. Commercial rights means you will be able to sell your own merchandise and profit from my illustration in any way you'd like, as well as many any edits you'd like. Credit is still required for usage of the artwork.
- You may not mass produce the work I've made for you for profit unless we've worked out a previous agreement before the commission was accepted.
- You may not grant rights printers or manufacturers to produce physical reproductions of the image in any medium unless previously discussed with me.
- You may not edit the artwork in any way besides cropping.
- I retain copyright to all the artwork I create unless rights to the art are discussed and paid for by the client.
- I retain rights to post the artwork to promote my work.
- I will not create products using your artwork for my own profit.
- I will never take credit for any characters not designed by myself.
- I will always tag you in social media posts when I share the finished artwork if I know your handle! If you would prefer not to be tagged, please let me know before completion of the work.
- If you'd like your commission to be private, please specify this on the commission form!
- Private commissions are simply listed as "Anonymous" on my Trello queue. Multiple private clients on my queue will have numbers - I will let you know which one you are (Anon 1, Anon 2, etc) so you can keep track of your commission.
- Private commissions will have no WIPs posted publicly.
- Private commissions will not be worked on in stream.
- Private commissions will be posted by me unless specified otherwise - captions will say "an anonymous client"
- If you'd prefer that your commission is not posted at all, let me know. This will accrue a 25% fee.
- If you specify that you'd like me not to post your commission, you may not post it publicly yourself anywhere either.
- If you'd like edits to be made on completed work that has already been approved by you, please contact me.
- If you'd like an edit, you may contact me at any time - you do not need to wait for commission openings.
- If the edit involves something I missed with details specified at the time of commissioning, and you did not have an opportunity to correct me in the WIP stages, the edit will be free.
- If the edit involves something that could have been fixed in the WIP stages, a fee will be charged. The amount of the fee will depend on how much editing needs to be done. The fee will be discussed with you.
- Edits that involve updating an old art style will be refused.
- Edits that involve changing major details that were never brought up at the time of commissioning will be refused.
- Edits may only be made on work that is less than one year old.
- For commissions that require shipping, packages are sent on Mondays unless otherwise stated.
- Shipping is at the expense of the buyer ($5 in the US).
- I do my best to ensure your package will arrive safely, but I cannot be responsible for damage once it's out of my hands! I typically ship in a bubble envelope with at least one piece of cardboard to protect the artwork from bends or creases.
Cancellations & Refunds
- If we've begun the commission process and you'd like to withdraw, please email me ASAP and let me know!
- If I have not begun work on your commission, you are entitled to a full refund.
- If I have begun work on your digital commission, you are entitled to a full refund.
- If I have begun work on your traditional commission, you are entitled to a partial refund dependent on the amount of work completed.
- If the traditional commission has been completed, but was not satisfactory, you are eligible for a 20% refund.
- If the commission is canceled by me, you are entitled to a full refund.
- If you cancel your commission and would like another in the future, that is fine! You will just need to apply again.
- Refunds are typically delivered within a week.
- If your commission has been canceled and refunded, you do not retain any rights to any work that has been done. I may repurpose the work for profit later on.
- If your traditional commission has been completed with a partial refund given, you may still opt to have the piece mailed to you at your expense. If you choose not to have it mailed to you, the piece will be used as a physical example at conventions.
- If a chargeback is filed against me, your rights to the piece are retracted and I will alter the image and use it some other way (such as a YCH). If the piece is an adoptable or character design, it will be sold to another client. You will be blacklisted from doing business with me in the future.
- Failure to abide by my Terms of Service will result in immediate cancellation.
These terms are specific to Telegram stickers, but the rest of my Terms of Service still applies.
- My credit sticker must be uploaded to your sticker pack.
These terms are specific to character designs made by me, but the rest of my Terms of Service still applies.
- Credit me for the design when asked. Do not take credit for yourself!
- You may resell your design made by me for any price you'd like.
- You may trade your design made by me.
- You may "breed" your design made by me. (This means you may mix it with another design to create "offspring").
- You may alter the design in any way you wish.
- If you'd like to upload your design into Toyhouse, please credit my Toyhouse account (Chevypepper).